Regrettably, CANCELLED DUE TO PERSONAL HEALTH CRISIS
Wonderful tea friends,
My heart breaks to report that our darling Rosa from the Four Seasons tea room in Sierra Madre has had to cancel the Dia de los Muertos celebration on October 31.
As you may know, she suffered a heart attack while at work recently, and has been home ever since. We had a long talk the other day, and she was delighted to do Dia de los Muertos; her doctor had advised keeping "active with her hands" and she thought she would be back to work in 2 months, in time for our event.
She has now learned that she will be having surgery late next month and will be out of commission for some time and thus unable to host our event. I'm also cancelling the Sugarplum tea (for now) scheduled there in December to remove additional stress or pressure. Sweetheart that she is, she offered to cover the PayPal fees. Of course I didn't let her, but that is yet another example of her kindness and generosity -- ALWAYS thinking of others.
For those who paid, your PayPal account should reflect your refund, and if you can, I would ask you to spare a prayer for Rosa, the most angelic person I've ever met.
Join us for a Dia de los Muertos celebration
Sunday 31 October 2021 at 12noon
$55.75 includes traditional foods prepared by tearoom owner Rosa Jaime who will walk us through the customs of the holiday and share stories of days gone by. (Also includes party favors, tax, gratuity, and PayPal fees)
suggested attire ~ your sugar skull best
- Members of our Omni patronage community receive advance access to reservations.
- All reservations are final. Thus there are no refunds. However, if you are unable to attend, you may give your spot to a family member or friend.
- Dietary restrictions should be discussed with the venue at least 10 days in advance. If you are making reservations for friends, please advise them of this as well.
- For all other questions, please contact TeaTravellersSocietea@gmail.com (or via Facebook), not the venue.
- If the size of your party is fewer than #4 guests, you will most likely be seated with others.
- Your PayPal receipt comprises your confirmation. No "tickets" will be distributed, but you will receive an email from our admin Joy letting you know you're on the list. This message will go to the email address associated with your PayPal payment, btw
- Please note, clicking "RSVP" or "Going" on social media sites does not constitute a reservation.
- If PayPal gives you grief and you are on a phone or tablet, try clearing your browser's cache, or using a different browser, or resorting to a computer, or screaming.
- The Tea Travellers Societea is not a business, but a wee service-oriented social group based in SoCal under the auspices of the fantastical Academy of Omniosophical Arts & Sciences.