Step back in time to 20th-century Britain to solve a real court case with a crime that spanned 1907-1921.
This case has been sent to the Tea & Sympathy Investigative Agency at the behest of one of the descendants of the departed in hope of a different outcome than the original verdict. The family's goal is peace of mind.
Saturday, 29 May 2021 at 6pm
Pamela's in Garden Grove
Using original documents, photographs, and witness testimony, we will endeavor to recreate the alleged murder scene as a means of getting to the truth.
Dress Code: The English medium who sent us the case files has suggested sleuths dress in period attire to channel those involved, though you should feel free to dress in modern crime-solving attire—whatever works best for you to ensure justice is served! Additionally, feel free to bring any sleuthing appurtenances you feel will be of benefit.
- Pre-investigation appetizer & cold beverage
- A replicated vignette that will allow us to sift through clues as if we were there
- Dining & Deduction - We'll savor a full English dinner as we work through our findings
- Dessert & Denouement - We'll end the evening by rendering our own verdict as well as revealing the outcome of the original trial
- Tax, gratuity, and payment fees. (This is no "party" so there will be no frivolous favors!)
Note: Depending on health protocols at the time, the vignette will be set up in the arcade behind the tearoom, and we will dine in the tearoom proper.