Visit the time & place that turned our state golden
We'll have a bona fide site in a few months and most likely start taking reservations late summer 2021. For now, here's a peek at the currently planned highlights of our circa 1880 rail-magnate themed getaway.
FRIDAY, 1 April 2022
- All-day train travel from Santa Ana or Los Angeles to San Francisco
- Afternoon tea potluck (with a side of history) in the train's Observation Car
- Dinner at The Big Four restaurant
SATURDAY, 2 April
- Railway Museum &/or leisure exploration (I suspect some of us will be headed to Fisherman's Wharf)
- Optional lunch in Chinatown - the community that built the railroad!
- Afternoon tea at the historic Nob Hill Fairmont Hotel's Laurel Court
- Jay Alexander's famed Marrakech Magic show (preceded by appetizers at the venue)
- Optional after-hours reveling at the Fairmont's rowdy Tonga Room
SUNDAY, 3 April
- Late morning train from San Francisco to Old Sacramento
- A visit to the renowned California State Railroad Museum
- Afternoon tea at a local tearoom
- Leisure time in historic Old Sac
- Dinner and accommodations on the waterfront Delta King riverboat!
MONDAY, 4 April
- All day train from Sacramento back down to Los Angeles or your destination
There will be options to cut a day off either or both ends, and to arrange your own transportation, be it via a scenic drive or a new-fangled aeroplane