Unbeknownst to most (including the artful detective himself) William Murdoch made a sojourn to Southern California at the turn of the century to solve a multi-city mystery involving some pesky ghosts. Unfortunately, he was called back home to Toronto before he had a chance to get to the bottom of the situation.
The cold case has come to the attention of the Tea & Sympathy Investigative Agency who intend to finish what Detective Murdoch started, by reopening the case that will take us from old towne Orange to Heritage Square San Diego.
A Ghost of a Chance - Murdoch's Unsolved California Mystery.
Saturday, 7 September 2019
You may join us for the whole day or half as fits your schedule. Our itinerary is as follows:
- 9:30m - Quiche brunch tea at Paris In A Cup, old town Orange, CA. Here we will set the scene for all that follows
- 11:00am - Spectral walking tour of Orange (1 hour)
- 12:30pm - Train to San Diego with sleuthing onboard
- 3:30pm - Afternoon tea at the Coral Tree in Heritage Square
- 6:30pm - Return train to OC
- 9pm - Farewell & kudos on a job well done
- Orange County activity only (mystery brunch & ghost walk) = $57.50 for card-carrying TSIA agents, $60 for non-agents
- Full day (includes the above + round-trip train, onboard sleuthing, afternoon tea) = $174.75 for card-carrying TSIA agents, $177.25 for non-agents
- Full-day folks, please bring $5 ($2.50 x 2) for bus trips to/from Metrolink & Amtrak
Please include names of all members of your group when you send in your payment.
All sales are final. As such, there are no refunds, but if you are unable to attend, you may transfer your reservation. Transfer of train reservations must be done at least 10 days in advance.
[updated 1 May 2019]