Travel back to the dusty days of early California
for a San Juan Capistrano sojourn.
SATURDAY 17 JULY 2021
Our day begins at the picturesque Santa Ana train station where Paris In A Cup will be waiting for us with yummy box breakfasts as learn a bit about the depot's history. After a half-hour ride on the rails, we'll be greeted by historian and tour guide Charles Spratley who will give us an overview of the area's highlights including the majestic Mission.
- 9:30am - Box breakfast (quiche, fruit, tea bread, tea) at the Santa Ana train station. Parking is convenient, safe, and free!
- 10:43am - Amtrak train departs, bound for San Juan Capistrano (arriving at 11:07am)
- 11:15am - Charles Spratley welcomes us at the SJC depot and begins a leisurely walking tour, sharing the town's vibrant legacy. Tour concludes at 12:45pm just outside the tea house
- 1:00pm - "Mission Tea" at the Tea House on Los Rios (includes scone, salad, finger sandwiches, fresh fruit, dessert, tea)
- 2:45pm - We walk back across the tracks to catch the 3:08pm train
- 3:33pm - Our train pulls into Santa Ana.( If you'd like to spend more time relaxing with the swallows, you may opt for the 5:34 train that gets in at 5:58pm)