All of these questions and oodles more are answered at Tea Camp, where hopeful hostesses along with would-be tearoom owners can learn the finer points of tea service, both at home and as a business.
Workshops are conducted both in person and online via interactive videochat, and are designed to meet the needs of:
- Prospective tearoom owners
- Existing proprietors
- Hostesses who just want to learn how to throw a tea party at home with the greatest ease and most fabulous results
MARCH 15-17, 2018
EtiCamp: Social Graces, Hostess, & Hospitalitea training
Onsite, Orange County CA
This 3-day mega-class tackles a different area of expertise in depth each day.
- Day 1 - Social etiquette for today's world from the basic to the unexpected & awkward, including manners for at home & in public, place settings, how to eat problematic foods and much more
- Day 2 - Learn the tricks to being the hostess with the mostess, how to beautifully wrap gifts, cobble thank-you notes, receive guests, plan meals, set & decorate a table ... the list goes on
- Day 3 - Everything you need to know about presenting a tea party at home, including skills substantially different from those needed to run a commercial tearoom. Learn hacks and how-to's that will enable you to get everything done in time and without stress. (An abbreviated version of this workshop is offered in the Hospitaliea Crash Course listed below)
For Budding Professionals:
Have you dreamed of having a tearoom of your own? A place where you can share your love of tea and do things 'the right way' (*wink*) ... a place where you can enjoy all of your favorite tea treats in an atmosphere that's decorated exactly to your taste and specifications?
If you've tiptoed around the subject long enough and are ready to get serious about entrepreneurship, our Tea Camp classes will help you get things moving. Classes are taught by seasoned tearoom owners who are keenly aware of the challenges you'll face, and who have practical recommendations on how to run a successful afternoon tea business in the 21st century, as well as solutions for the unexpected issues you may encounter.
MARCH 18-20, 2018 (Sun 2-5p, Mon 10a-4p, Tues 10a-4p)
Tea Biz Boot Camp ($500; can be combined with EtiCamp for a total of $950)
Onsite, Orange County CA
This intensive workshop will cover everything from preparatory business set-up (business plans, permits, insurance, and other less-than-fun stuff) to day-to-day operations, securing your niche, dealing with vendors & staff, marketing, mastering social media, displaying merchandise for maximum effect, and even hands-on food & tea preparation tutorials in a working tearoom kitchen. By the time you leave, you'll know not only how to run your tea business, but how to provide a five star tea experience for your guests. Concludes with certification ceremony and afternoon tea as prepared by participants, and served by your instructors!
- Day 1 - We'll casually meet in the afternoon to get to know each other over tea, and to share our thoughts on the tearoom of our dreams. This short introductory segment will enable participants to meet and mingle prior to our first full day of instruction, and enable out-of-town guests to settle in to their lodgings
- Day 2 - The business of running a business: Our morning session will cover business basics and how to get started; the afternoon session will cover behind-the-scenes business practices specific to running a tearoom, including promotional ideas and social media tips
- Day 3 - Showtime: In the morning we'll go over front-of-the-house matters including how to set your tables, decorate windows and display merchandise. The afternoon session will focus on tea food preparation, culminating in our certification tea ceremony
ONLINE OPTION (Arranged individually. Each session lasts 3 hours)
VirtualiTea Camp ($375 for 3 sessions)
Via live videochat, Google Hangouts
For those who can't make it to our onsite boot camp, we offer an interactive videochat option, taking place over 3 sessions with each session focusing on a different aspect of tea matters as covered in the Tea Biz Bootcamp program.
Feel free to email us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your specific needs and where you are in your journey as a tearoom owner.
Carol & Joy